Parent Teacher Organization - PTO
Capitan Municipal Schools has worked with our Parent Advisory Committee to transform and start a Parent Teacher Organization led by parents and supported by the school and community members.
The purpose of the Capitan Municipal Schools Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) is to strengthen our partnership with parents, teachers, and community members to enhance the educational experiences for our students. Through this partnership, we will:
- Have a collective exchange of feedback, insight, and input into the development of academic and extracurricular programs with the school administration.
- Provide input on various federal and state grants.
- Gain a better understanding of COVID-19 procedures required by the Public Education Department and the NM Department of Health.
- Receive updates on school and district accomplishments and needed upgrades.
The PTO will meet once a month in the elementary library, and we will post the date and times of meetings on our website and email them to parents.
If you would like to join the PTO, please attend the next meeting or send us an email. We welcome involvement from all parents of students, teachers, and community members in the Capitan School District.
Parent Teacher Organization Officers
- President: Lori Coleman
- President Elect: Jennifer Mortiz
- Vice President: Jana Shafer
- Secretary: Laura Angell
- Treasurer: Jenny DeSalvo
*The PTO meetings will not be a time to raise specific concerns or complaints regarding individual situations/issues.