Joining PTA means you support the work and efforts of Capitan PTA. Please consider joining any time of the year by sending an e-mail to let us know you are ready to get connected and become an advocate for all children. We hold PTA meetings the second Monday of each month at 4:30 p.m. in the Administrative Board Room. Thank you in advance for your support!
Board of Directors
Membership in Capitan PTA
- Get you connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
- Let you speak up. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Make you a role model. By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
- Help Capitan PTA run locally. To best suit our students, with over 100 years of parent involvement, knowledge is never more than a phone call or e-mail away.
- Makes you an advocate for all children and most importantly, yourself.
- Welcomes everyone including grandparents, mentors, educators, neighbors, and community leaders.
- Dictate that you must volunteer a certain number of hours.
- Mandate attendance at all the meetings.
- Limit participation in programs to only parents.
Annual Programs & Events Sponsored by PTA
- Bring Dad to School Day
- Mom’s Breakfast
- Family Movie Night
- Staff Appreciation
- Student Appreciation and Recognition
- Boo Hoo Breakfast
- 6th Grade Orientation
- Freshman Orientation
- Fruit and Snacks for Testing
- Reflections Art Program
- Variety Show
- Author Visits
- Food Drive
Annual Programs & Events with PTA Participation
- Back to School Open House
- Veterans Assembly and Reception
- Positive Behavior Program
- Kindergarten Graduation
- Kindergarten Registration and Child Find Screening
- Elementary Field Trips
- Science Fair
- Spelling Bee
- Oratorical Contest